A morning at SEA-TAC
It happened. I got the TSA stamp of approval. The ultimate validation, this fine Saturday morning at SEA-TAC.
There I am, as usual, in the spot saver line which is of course longer than the general screening line, with many, many thoughts running through my head, adding to my anxiousness. The good kind of anxiousness for a change. I’m never nervous when flying, I’m always excited. I love airport Jahnavi. She gets to have a blonde vanilla latte from Starbucks every time she flies (which is exactly what I am having while typing this, sitting at gate A11) Today is an exception, and I have my reasons which will not be mentioned in this blog. Point being, I was nervous and in my head while waiting to go through the screening machine.
The TSA agent suddenly looks in my direction and asks, “Maam is this your tray?” I was startled and pulled back into the real world in a split second. I nodded a yes. Preparing myself for anything that might come my way - additional screening? Apple Watch is for some reason suspicious? Anything. But instead, in the most “TSA” voice, he goes “This is the most organized tray of electronics laid out I’ve seen this morning.” And I went blank for a second before I realized he was actually appreciating my clean presentation 😭
All I could muster as a response was a chuckle followed by a whispered thank you. All the reels I’d seen of performative travelers posting pictures of their TAA screening bins laid out neatly came back to me. I smiled. I went through the screening machine and was wearing my jacket again when the kind old man who was next in line goes “I guess you’re the better one among everyone of us here haha!” And I chuckled and whispered “yeah”
I will admit that made my 15 min walk to Starbucks to get my coffee much more enjoyable because I couldn’t stop smiling hehe. Anxiousness alleviated, jittery excitement initiated. So, it indeed was a pretty good start to my week long trip to the Bay Area ✨
~ Edited and posted from SJC airport, 8 days after the happy morning, with a sad face looking at the sun for the last time before returning to gloomy Seattle. I’ll thoroughly miss this. Ok byeeee.


Comments
Post a Comment